Skills for Design
STUDY SKILLS TIPS FOR EXAM
1. Find a good place to study. This doesn’t have to be the library. Find a place that suits your needs.
2. Set up a time limit in order to help you define your studying. Studying without a limit may become overwhelming.
3. Read with a pencil in hand. This is not only for note-taking, but also for marking the margin whenever your mind wanders. This makes you more aware of when your mind is wandering, and this, gives you more control.
4. Give yourself little rewards, like a five-minute break, to help get you through tough studying periods.
5. Use numbers to organize and remember important information.
6. Find ways to help relieve tension and fatigue. Doing some physical “study exercises” like touching your toes, can help keep you awake and alert.
Link what you are learning in class to your long-range goals:
Try to apply what you are learning in class to practical situations or your daily life.
Make learning to write your most important goal as a college student:
Good writing skills are the basis of success in many college courses and will prove extremely useful in a career.
Identify your learning style:
Try to identify your learning style. If you don’t know how you learn the best, you can benefit some online surveys to help you discover your learning skills. Once you know it, use it as much as possible in your studying process.
Use many study methods:
We learn through repetition, but that doesn’t mean that the information has to be repeated in the same way.
Use a variety of strategies like reviewing notes, making flashcards, outlining chapters or studying in groups.
Budget Your Time:
Set aside specific hours each day for concentrated study. Stick to it closely. Use personalized rewards to help you establish this study habit.
Eliminate Distraction: You will learn more when there is little or nothing to divert your attention. Get rid of all visual and auditory distractions such as the TV or radio.
Be an active learner:
This requires you to actually process what you are hearing or reading. Put things in your own words. Ask questions.
Develop a reading strategy:
PQ4R is practical. It stands for: Preview, Question, Read, Write, Recall and Review.
Strategies for improving test performance:
1. Take good notes
2. Review notes after each class
3. Begin reviewing at least a week before you take your test
4. Take control of your time
5. Test yourself
10 STUDY TIPS
It is the foremost requirement of a student to decide and choose his/her aim before he/she is going to start preparation. You must be sincere and honest enough in assessing your suitability for the Aim.
For success in achieving your aim, it is required to start preparation right from class XI with dedication and devotion sincerely
For a school going student it may be little difficult to go for academic as well as competitive studies together. If you plan and make a time table it will be an easy task for you.
It is very much important to be punctual while preparing for exam, else you may- find that some part of your syllabus is not covered and may cause lack of confidence.
You must take your study as a entertaining instrument. Must feel enjoying your study. This will create a conducive atmosphere for study and avoid unwanted tension.
6.Identify your Weak- Subjects
Must analyse in which subject you are weak and needs to put in more efforts to improve.
7.Choosing Quality Study Material
You must consult good quality study material. Consulting poor quality books may result in danger or may create confusion in your mind to get confidence, better go for choosing good quality study material and depend on self study after classroom coaching.
You must undergo frequent tests within time frame to know your position about the examination standard you are appearing
You must solve the problems honestly at your own. Bring your answer to the question first and then compare with the given Answer Sheet. Do not depend on readymade solutions only. This will loose your confidence.
In case you find somewhere stuck in solving problems, you must consult your friends and teachers to save time.